Courses, Seminars and Workshops
The Brahma Kumaris of Mauritius offers a variety of courses, workshops, trainings and seminars which focus on the integrated development of specific skills and qualities of character. These include:
Raja Yoga meditation Course
At the heart of the Brahma Kumaris teachings is the Foundation Course in Raja Yoga meditation. This ancient meditation practice harnesses your natural powers and trains your mind to be your friend. You are not your mind; you are not your body. You have a mind and you have a body. Meditation is the journey inwards, a journey of self-discovery or, in fact, re-discovery. Raja Yoga teaches us to step back and observe life, take a calm breath, cool our reactions, and step forward in the way we choose - independent of others urging us to think or act as they wish.
Raja Yoga meditation is a form of meditation that is accessible to people of all backgrounds. It is a meditation without rituals or mantras and can be practised anywhere at any time.
Positive Thinking Course
For is for those who are not sure that they are ready for meditation but would like to understand the workings of the mind better, gain greater clarity and learn how to manage their thoughts.
The aim of this course is to impart understanding of the nature of thought. You will learn methods for being more positive and constructive at home, at work and in your relationships.
- becoming a master of your thoughts and feelings
- applying the gentle art of self-reflection and encourage personal growth
- tapping into the natural positivity of the mind
- finishing negative, energy-draining language and self-talk
- developing a constantly positive attitude
No matter how successful we may be, almost all of us could do with a self-esteem boost. Reminded of our core values, our own innate value, we can face life confidently and peacefully.
Learn how to:
- know and discover your positive self
- accept yourself, identifying personal strengths, abilities and uniqueness
- develop effective strategies for building healthy relationships, letting go of fears and aggression
- empower yourself, making the right choices to maintain inner balance
The feminine principle
The feminine principle is a subtle energy, which has remained untapped within the psyche of both men and women. It is merged in the essence of our spiritual identity and is marked by qualities attributed to the more gentle side of the human being—care, respect, trust, patience, loyalty, love honesty, empathy, and mercy. When this principle is understood and realised, it is a force so powerful that it awakens us to new realities and realigns us to the true purpose and meaning of life
Stress Free Living (Seminar)
Stress has been identified as a leading cause of many health problems. Largely psychological, rather than physical in origin and therefore much more difficult to prevent and remedy, modern stress affects nearly all of us at some point in our lives. Regardless of its origins, stress drains our physical, emotional and mental energy.
Several myths exist about the causes of stress and the most effective ways of dealing with it. A Stress–Free Living seminar can free you from these illusions and misconceptions and give you a new perspective. You will learn how to:
- Identify different levels of stress and rise above them to create a relaxed mind and body;
- Protect yourself from negative influences;
- Gain confidence in dealing with difficult relationships;
- Empower your ability to respond effectively in high stake situations.
Ethical Development (Workshop)
The understanding of motivation is the domain of psychology, while the study of purpose and the aim of a human being is the subject of ethics. Ethics, philosophy and psychology are linked. Benevolence, duty and love for humanity are innate qualities that motivate – or ought to motivate – human actions. You will learn how to:
- Understand the nature of human being;
- The principles of Cause and Effect, Trusteeship and Accountability
- Understanding the effectiveness of self-governance as against to rule based approach
- Activating the inner powers to resist greed, corruption and selfishness
Detox your Heart and Soul
A unique user friendly healthy lifestyle programme for the prevention and management of Coronary Heart Disease (CAD). This revolutionary and scientifically proven programme aims at enhancing your cardiovascular health through:
- Healthy lifestyle;
- sleep & time management;
- Meditation & stress management;
- Low fat high fibre vegetarian menus; and
- Practical moderate aerobic exercises.
- Living Values Educational Programme (LVEP)
- In fostering quality education, LVEP supports the overall development of the individual and a culture of positive values in each society and throughout the world, believing that education is a purposeful activity designed to help humanity flourish.
The purpose of the Living Values Educational Programme is to provide guiding principles and tools for the development of the whole person, recognising that the individual is comprised of physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual dimensions.
Peak Performance Training
A five very effective, 90-minute, one-to-one sessions that give trainees the understanding, skills, confidence and insights to be cool, calm and alert.
Practical training is carried out through EEG biofeedback equipment: an interesting, latest technology in medicine use not only to treat innumerable diseases safely and painlessly but to enhance performance. Self-regulate your physiology, your emotions, your cognition, your intellect and your consciousness.
The BKWSU organizes various outreach activities to promote its objectives and we are mentioning a few below:
- Yogic Farming: cultivation of fruits and vegetables without using pesticides and chemical fertilizers and instead using combination of ‘compost’ and positive vibrations.
- Horticulture Therapy: Promoting gardening as a therapy to overcome stress and develop values such as patience, caring, responsibility, cooperation etc.
- Tree Planting: Supporting the initiative of the Government to plant 100,000 indigenous trees and medicinal/decorating plants.
- Composting: Creating awareness and practical demonstration of using compost for cultivation.
- Training: providing trainings and soft skills to youth, women, senior citizens for healthy and values based life styles to combat NCD and social ills.
- Neuro-biofeedback: Conduct psychological stress evaluation through latest medical technology and assist in better management of emotions and feelings. Also, train students and professionals to attain peak performance.
- Assistance to delinquents: Conduct various therapeutical sessions to rehabilitate delinquents.
- Healthy Life style: Conduct training sessions to promote healthy life style though proper diet, regular exercise and relaxation.